Bhartiya Kisan Sangh (BKS), registered in 1978,under the Societies Registration Act 1860,was founded to address the concerns of the farmer community. The prime objective was to educateand empower the under privileged farmer community ofeastern India to achieve self sufficiency in farming.While working towards this cause the organization realizedthe minivulnerabilities faced by the women and children. The shift took place in 1991 when the organization adopted a holistic approach towards development to address thesevulnerabilitiesamong the marginalized communities.
Improve the socio-economic status of the vulnerable community particularly women and children by promoting human rights.
Placing women’s security and rights at the centre of its efforts,its programme strategy is designed and guided by an empowerment framework. This is based on promoting women” rights opportunities and capacities.As a network based organisation,BKS places high priority on developing strategic communication packages to address the vulnerabilities of women and children by involving multiple- stake holders for joint action in achieving equal socioeconomic political right.
- Serve as a catalyst with the goal of ensuring the appropriate involvement in mainstream development activities.
- Playan innovative and catalyst role in relations to state and national’s women empowerment
processes to integrate concerns of vulnerable women and children in policy making process.
- Strengthening the capacity of village, districts and level institutions to facilitate implementation of state policies, legislation and action plans.
- Facilitation multi-sectoral response to violence against women involving multi- stake holders
groups,including men,UN organizations inter-faith groups, private sector and mass media,
- Building the capacity of religious,civil society the private sector to effectively advocate against gender based violence.
|Registration Number of the organization||753/2008-09|
|PAN Number of the organization||AABTB6166H|
|Registered with I’2A/AA of IT department Act-1951||VIII 18/2009·I0/759-61|
|FCRA registration Number||337800047|
|Registered with SectionBOG(Vl) of IncomeTax Act 1961||1 394-96|
BKSIsleadingthestate chapter officeoffollowlngGO/NGO Network-
- Bachpan Bachao Andolan (save the childhood movement) Jharkhand
- ATSEC (Action against trafficking and sexual exploitation of children and women) Jharkhand Chapter.
- Member of State Commission for Protection of Child Rights
- Life member of Jharkhand Bal Kalian Parishad,Raj Bhawan
- Member of Jharkhand Minimum Wages Committee, Dept. of Labour,Employment & TrainingGovt. of Jharkhand
- Mother NGO for Migratory Children under Jharkhand Education Project council
- Member of State Mid-Day Meal (MDM) committee Govt.of Jharkhand
- Jharkhand State Coordinator – Action Against Trafficking & Sexual exploitation of children in India (ATSEO
- Jharkhand State Secretary – Bachpan Bachao Andolan (BBA) Save the childhood movement
BKS is a leading development organization with an extensive presence in the state of Jharkhand. Through its pro- poor programmes it has impacted on poverty and social injustice. In the last 34 years through its development initiatives BKS has brought qualitative changes in the life of the community.